We create beautiful smiles with Invisalign® and braces for teens - in a positive, stress-free environment.
It’s important for us to foster a safe, energetic environment for our teen patients and their parents. When you visit us for your teen’s complimentary consultation, one of our experienced orthodontists (Dr. Scarborough or Dr. Loflin) will examine your teen’s smile to determine the best treatment route.
The optimal time to begin orthodontic treatment depends on your teen’s specific needs and development. All children should be seen by an orthodontist between the ages of 7-9 to determine if early treatment is needed. If early treatment is not deemed necessary, most teens begin treatment between the ages of 11 and 15, when most – if not all – permanent teeth have erupted. During this time, our skilled family orthodontists can easily detect common orthodontic problems, including crooked teeth, gaps or spacing and jaw misalignments.
Your teen's treatment options
We know that every teen doesn’t have the same preferences or live the same lifestyle, and we appreciate that. We love that our patients are unique!
We also offer Invisalign at the same price as braces – and there’s no charge to switch to braces if you feel that they’d be a better fit for your teen.
Signs that your teen may need orthodontic treatment
- Lack of confidence when smiling or hiding a smile regularly
- Jaws or teeth are disproportionate to the rest of the face
- Difficulty biting or chewing
- Digestive issues caused by improper chewing
- Early, late, or irregular loss of baby teeth
- Crooked, crowded, or gapped teeth
- Grinding or clenching the teeth
- Thumb sucking/finger sucking habits in childhood
- Jaw pain or facial pain
- Jaw shifting, popping, or clicking
- Persistent mouth breathing
- Too much space between the teeth
- Protruding teeth
Still have questions about braces for teens?
We’re here to answer your questions! It’s important to us that we make you feel comfortable and provide you with the information you need to undergo a smooth, successful orthodontic treatment.
Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us at any time. We’d love to hear from you, and we’re committed to providing the highest quality of patient care in the area.