Dear JRO Patients,
As Governor Northam has given dental practices permission to begin seeing patients in May, we are excited for our reopening on the 12th.
JRO is dedicated to providing the highest level of care to our patients while following the governor-mandated orders. The following measures will be implemented to ensure the health and safety of our patients and team. Please review the measures we will be taking for all upcoming appointments.
ADDITIONAL SAFETY MEASURES IN PLACE:
All employees and doctors will be receiving daily screening for COVID-19. We will be utilizing our private rooms routinely for most visits and using every other open bay chair to allow 15 feet of separation between patients. We will be wearing appropriate surgical and/or respirator masks, scrubs, clinic jackets and eyewear for all procedures. JRO team members will continue to be diligent in cleaning all surfaces throughout the practice at regular intervals, our sterilization system will continue to be thorough and we will continue frequent hand washing between each patient.
As part of our reopening, certain restrictions set forth by the CDC, ADA and our health officials will necessitate temporary changes to our office procedures. Please find the important details below:
- We will limit the number of appointments daily and each week will begin to add additional appointments to our schedule.
- Please wait for our office to call you to postpone or confirm your scheduled appointment. We have a very accurate and comprehensive list of every appointment needing attention, including day and time.
- Emergencies will continue to be defined as pain, infection or bleeding. For now, broken brackets and ill-fitting aligners will not constitute an emergency and will need to be scheduled at a future date.
- Our restroom will be closed temporarily. Please use the restroom prior to leaving for your appointment.
- We’ve temporarily closed our tooth brushing station. Please be sure to brush and floss prior to leaving your home. Our brushing station will now serve as a hand washing station.
- Unfortunately, we have had to also temporarily close our beverage bar. We hope to be able to reopen it for you to enjoy soon.
- Certain procedures will be either altered or not performed until additional restrictions are lifted. Procedures with handpieces will be limited or postponed to prevent aerosol.
- Retainer checks and non-essential observation appointments will be rescheduled until Summer or early Fall. These appointments may also be completed utilizing our Virtual Exam Protocol.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to your appointment time to allow for the pre-screening process.
- If you are more than 10 minutes late to the time of which your appointment is scheduled, you will be kindly asked to reschedule your appointment for another time. Due to limited appointments and no overflow columns available to squeeze patients in, accommodations will not be possible.
- Pre-screening must be submitted online prior to your appointment. This will take less than 1 minute and is easily accessible by the link below. https://jamesriverorthodontics.com/patient-screening-form/
- Our waiting room will be closed for all guests and siblings that do not have an appointment. When necessary, responsible parties wearing a face covering may accompany minors into the office and utilize our waiting room.
- Only patients will be allowed back into the treatment area at this time, unless there is a special need.
- All patients and responsible parties will be required to have face coverings when they enter the office. Masks are ideal, but any face covering will do. You’ll notice each team member will also be wearing a protective mask along with a smile underneath.
- When you arrive in the JRO parking lot, please text 804-672-8607 to start the check-in process. Please text vehicle description and the patient’s name. Once checked-in, a team member will welcome you into the practice. Please make a brief stop at our welcome station just inside our door. Each visitor in the office will complete the screening process with a laser thermometer reading and a pump of hand sanitizer as they enter the practice. Let’s not forget…JRO is a fun place to be, so we will be entering you in for a chance to win a cool surprise as well!
- As part of our efforts to limit exposure and keep our team and patients safe, we will need to reschedule anyone who has answered “Yes” to any screening questions or any patient with a temperature reading higher than 100.4. We ask that anyone who is experiencing symptoms of fever, cough, chills, runny nose and/or fatigue please contact our office to postpone your upcoming appointment.
- Invisalign patients are encouraged to arrive to their appointment with their aligners in place. Our assistants will remove the aligners when necessary.
- Braces patients wearing elastics are encouraged to arrive without elastics in the mouth.
As you know, information from the CDC about COVID-19 changes frequently. We will continue to monitor new announcements and respond to guidance as quickly as possible. Although some of these new precautionary measures are much needed at this time, we want you to know that many of these precautions are only temporary and we are cautiously optimistic each week will allow for more flexibility.
We recognize how different this situation has been and we owe a sincere, heartfelt “thank you” to each one of you for your understanding, kindness and patience as we navigate back to our routines. Your support and commitment to JRO has meant so much to all of us. We love the entire JRO family and are so excited to welcome you back.
Dr. Scarborough, Dr. Loflin and Team JRO